Jump to main content

Paper submissions to state or tribal authority

Does my facility need to submit a paper TRI form to my state or tribal authority?

Facilities that use TRI-MEweb and reside in a state or tribal country participating in the TRI Data Exchange (TDX) will have their forms for Reporting Year 2005 through the present reporting year sent simultaneously to EPA and their respective state via the Environmental Exchange Network. TRI-MEweb will automatically determine if your state or tribal country is participating in TDX.

Please be aware that if your facility does not reside in a state participating in the TDX, any forms submitted via TRI-MEweb will not automatically be sent to the state. After these facilities submit their reports to EPA via TRI-MEweb, they can use TRI-MEweb to prepare a submission for the state on paper, diskette, CD, or DVD.  To verify the preferred method of submission for each state, go to the TRI State Programs Web site at www2.epa.gov/toxics-release-inventory-tri-program/tri-state-contacts or contact your state TRI office.

Most Indian Country entities are not yet members of TDX. Facilities located within Indian Country boundaries should send a hard copy of their TRI forms to the Chief Executive Officer of the applicable Indian tribe to fulfill their federal and tribal TRI reporting requirements. Some tribes have entered into a cooperative agreement with states; in this case, report submissions should be sent to the entity designated in the cooperative agreement.

State and tribal authority submissions and revisions will not be supported by TRI-MEweb and TDX for Reporting Year 1991 through Reporting Year 2004. Therefore, facilities should contacting their state or tribal authority to verify the acceptable format of submissions for these reporting years.

If you have any questions about the TRI-MEweb submission process, please contact the Superfund, TRI, EPCRA, RMP & Oil Information Center at 800-424-9346. For technical software support, please contact the CDX Hotline at helpdesk@epacdx.net or call toll free 1-888-890-1995.

Rating:Rating of 5 Stars5 Votes
Was this answer helpful?YesNo
Topic Information
  • Topic #: 23002-33259
  • Date Created: 02:17:2012
  • Last Modified Since: 06:19:2015
  • Viewed: 4811

Jump to main content.